Interview With Urban Nudist

 


The above photograph is of a guy who calls himself the "Urban Nudist" who posts various videos of himself on the video platform Vimeo where he engages in, as his his username would suggest, urban nudism. Numerous videos on his account show him taking the subway or walking the streets completely naked and as a nudist myself, I had always found this videos to be really cool and exciting as he was doing things I could only imagine doing myself. Naturally, when I managed to make contact with this brave and interesting individual, I just had to pick his brain and see what he's all about. Below is an interview between myself and the Urban Nudist.

How did all of this start for you? What made you want to make videos of yourself totally nude in public?

Some years ago, I think around 2005-06, I saw a video of a guy walking at the streets of Paris totally naked. As I read he was finally arrested, but I wanted to check the reaction of what would happen if I tried it.


How did you feel the first time you did it?

The first time I did it was at night, so not many people around. The first time I did it in wide public, I was counting the distance and the minutes to end. It is a combination of excitement and embarrassment also.


How did you feel the last time did you it? In general, how do you feel about the whole thing today?

I think now, I am almost 100% used to be naked in public. I don’t see any difference between clothed & naked.


Is it a natural nudist thing for you, a sexual exhibitionist thing, or something else that makes you want to do these videos?

It is just promotion of non-sexual public nudity.


Does it turn you on doing them? Have you ever gotten an erection while filming one or gotten close? 

No. I am always soft when I am naked in public.


Aren't you embarrassed or self conscious walking around naked in public for everyone to see you? Or are you someone who would go naked all the time if it was legal?

I don’t feel embarrassed at all. For me it is exactly the same weather I am naked or clothed. If it were legal, I would be naked everywhere the whole days, except for the cold days. I would wear clothes only because of the weather.


Where do you keep your clothes?

Normally in a backpack. My cameraman carries them.


Which one of your outings so far is your favourite?

My naked subway rides.


My favourite video of yours is the 11 minute one that I will link at the bottom of this interview. How did you feel when, halfway through the video, the train stopped and a huge influx of people got on the train with you still naked on it?

I said to myself , “Oh my God, I cant believe that so many people entered the train!"


What's something you really want to do for this Urban Nudist project that you haven't done yet? Leave my apartment totally naked in the broad daylight without any piece of backup clothing.


What's the most interesting experience/encounter/interaction that you've had so far doing this?

Generally, what I like most is when people take photos of me naked or they ask me to pose with me.


Do you prefer to be seen more by men or women? Or does it not matter either way for you? 

It doesn’t matter.


Has anyone ever gotten mad at you? 

3 years ago a guy in Berlin stopped me and my cameraman and called the police. Police came, they just asked me to get clothed and they let me go.

 

There was a video you did with another Vimeo user named Enzo, how did that come to be? Do you like doing videos with other people? 

We met online and we decided to meet in Berlin for a video. I am always open for people who want to walk naked with me.

 

We had talked a little about possibly doing a video in the future. Hypothetically, what kind of a day would you have planned for us (or anyone else really that joins you)?

Just a normal day. Doing normal things in the buff. For example, walking in busy streets or taking the subway, or even taking a coffee in a take-away shop.

 

How long do you plan on doing this for? How many videos do you want to do? 

There is no limit.


What's next for you? Do you have anything new planned that the readers would want to know about?

Maybe a documentary film that includes all the daily activities of a man naked in public.


And there you have it! 

Below, as mentioned above, is the video in question where our Urban Nudist takes a nude subway ride on a train that is already quite populated, only for a massive influx of people to get on board around the 8:12 minute mark. 

For the HD/1080 version (Blogspot doesn't let me embed Vimeo videos, nor does it let me upload anything high res) be sure to click here to go to the original video on Urban Nudist's Vimeo page.












Comments